Boyds Asparagus can be used:
- On its own
- As an accompanying vegetable
- Cooked - Microwaved Or lightly boiled
- Raw - in salads
- Preserved for winter days
- In soups, stir frys, quiches & casseroles
Asparagus is an ideal food for the health conscious. It is low in calories and sodium and a good source of potassium and dietary fiber.
|(Per 10 gm Cooked Asparagus)|
|Vitamin A||900 (IU)|
|Vitamin C||26.0 mg|
Boyds Asparagus is harvested daily when spears emerge in spring. Only the choicest spears are chosen. Harvesters look for 20-25 cm long spears with a tight head and good green colour. The fresh spears are washed and transferred to the chillers as soon as possible.
Boyds Asparagus is washed again, trimmed, graded and packed within hours of harvesting. The product is stored at a constant temperature in high humidity chillers at 2°C for optimum freshness and flavour.
The superior flavour and freshness of Boyds Asparagus is due to careful handling at every stage on its way to the market. Proper handling after arrival at your store will sustain this Quality and maximise shelf-life and healthy profits.
- Place only a limited quantity on display and replace as required.
- Keep asparagus cool and moist at all times.
- Do not hold large quantities, buy less and buy often.
- Asparagus is highly perishable.
We are committed to Food Safety. All suppliers to the company hold either NZGap or Eurepgap Certification. Boyds Asparagus is currently accredited to the following food safety programmes: Woolworths Quality Assurance, BRC, and NZGap.